As compare to desktop software, there are very limited Google Chrome extensions available which allow you to use VPN services for free where those which are free comes up with very limited features like number of servers and location. Some VPN extension forced you to complete online survey or visit to unwanted ads automatically. While I have tried many VPN extensions on Google Chrome, I found TunnelBear the most reliable free extension which comes up with unlimited features and data usage. This extension is not only free to download but you can create a free account on their website to enjoy their premium services every month with the limit of 500MB data usage which can be upgrade for free by tweeting about it.
TunnelBear offers three types of pricing plans in which their basic plan is free to use where they have monthly and yearly package through which you can get big discount.
Features of TunnelBear Chrome Extension:
The list of features which TunnelBear is offering their free and paid users is long. Instead of putting all of them, I am only writing those which are important and you would like to know before you install their free VPN Chrome extension in your computer.
- Free monthly data for every user
- Numerous VPN servers located in 20 countries
- Secure your online activities on public Wi-Fi
- Unblock the blocked content and website free
- Use other countries services like Netflix
- Instant connectivity to change your IP address
- No advertisement or unwanted pop-ups
- Ultra fast internet downloading free
- Up to 99% uptime with no glitch or disconnection
- TunnelBear does not log any user activity
- Works with all versions of Google Chrome
- It is a light weight Chrome extension
- Works with all operating systems smoothly
- Supported with different Windows version.
How to use TunnelBear Chrome Extension?
It is very easy to use TunnelBear VPN extension on your Google Chrome browser. After installation of VPN extension, you will see the icon of TunnelBear next to address bar or top right corner of the browser. This icon will allow you to ON VPN services on your browser. You can also change country and switch to multiple VPN servers by clicking on the same icon. By default you will see United States as your VPN server but by drop down menu will find out the list countries which are available.
Comparison of TunnelBear with other Chrome extension:
To get the fair review of TunnelBear, we have compared it with other free and paid VPN extensions of Chrome and found that TunnelBear is a better selection due to number of reasons. For example, you get free monthly data usage which allow you to enjoy the premium features for free where other free VPN extension has very limited options to enjoy. Although, the internet speed of TunnelBear is much better as compare to related VPN extension. There were zero ads on websites while using TunnelBear where options like change the country and switch to other VPN servers were easy to use.